Thursday, July 21, 2011

movie day at the Blondins

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

My eldest and I took in a movie this morning. I was going to take the afternoon off for our haircut appointments, but decided to make a day of it and take in a movie. The final HP movie takes us from Dobby's burial to current day as Harry, Ron, and Hermione continue their quest of discovering and destroying the Dark Lord's remaining Horcruxes. The majority of this last film covers a single day and includes the battle between Harry's and Voldemort's followers. As with the previous movies, there were things left out that or altered that I questioned ... this surprised me as I'd read so many reports of the directors SO closely following the book in this one ... but even with that, it was T'RIFFIC! We saw it in 3D and there was only one part that I thought was unnecessary (OK, maybe even a little cheesy, folkes) in the pensieve scene. I've gotta say, tho', if you loved the movie, yes, you should now read the book!

love. Love. LOVE the series, and I'm available should anyone locally want company to go see it again!

No comments: