Sunday, May 27, 2012

some kind of WONDERFUL

This new stamp makes me happy! I dunno about you, but it immediately made me smile, thinking of the ol' Grand Funk Railroad song by the same name! It's part of a two-fer stamp set and was coupled w a cute double-outlined birdie. Like I need more bird stamps ... I know, but I couldn't resist it!

I got a few inexpensive Ditto stamps this weekend and immediately put this flower garden one to use for a b'day card for a friend and coworker who' b'day is fast approaching. She doesn't read my blog so I'm safe uploading it in advance, I figure. I colored in the flowers and fussy cut around the image to pop it up. The outside sentiment is from another Ditto stamp set (a BOGO 50% off deal, I picked up 3 and my stampin' buddy kimR picked up a BK stamp - so these stamps, normally a t'riffic deal at $3.99 each, would cost us $3 each!) and I used the PC for the inside sentiment (If friends were flowers, I'd pick you! Happy Birthday!). Usually I find these bargains on the aisle end-caps at Mike's and I spotted these when I stopped by to pick up some mini starfish for yet another project this past week.

stamps: Ditto flower garden, some kind of wonderful; paper: AC textured white card stock; inks: Ranger's black soot distress ink; SU's Cameo Coral, Cherry Cobbler, Dusty Durango, Melon Mambo, More Mustard, Old Olive, and Summer Sun, CTMH's Cranberry,

2 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

I predate this song to the Drifters-not the same song, just the same name. But I love the version by Carole King best. So much music, so little time.

Americania said...

This was a lovely blog ppost