Sunday, July 27, 2008

happy parents day!


My folkes have always been the sort of people that others gravitate to. When I was a kid, our home was a kids' meeting place partly because we had 3 sibs close in age that played well together, but my folkes were actively involved in making the neighborhood a good one for bringing up families. They constantly volunteered and worked on improvements. Always easy-going, friendly and fun, they made others feel welcome. If I've been half the mother to my kids that my Mom has been to me, I'll be a happy woman!

This morning when I got online (did I happen to mention that I'm addicted to the Internet?!) I learned that President Bush issued a proclamation making today Parents' Day, so I made this card to bring to my Mom's when we visit later today. It's based on one that I'd spotted at the lovely and talented Julie Koerber's blog - thanx for the inspiration, Julie!

I'm also a long-committed recycler (I hear some of my buddies ... or SHOULD BE committed!) and am constantly either reusing or recycling materials from home and work. The acrylic came from some presentation materials I broke down where I work (insert plug to Kettering University here!) and I save cardstock and binder materials for future projects. I also save the backings from paper pads, pull-tabs from cans for the C. S. Mott Children's Hospital, and recycle paper and cardboard at my workplace. If you'd like to send me pull tabs, contact me at slblondin[at]netscape[dot]net!

stamps: Inkadinkadoo's 8347-Y BK, SU's Heartfelt Thanks; paper: Bo-Bunny Press' Summer Cottage Buds DP, SU's Real Red and So Saffron cardstocks, unknown clear acrylic sheet; ink: Krylon's 18-kt gold leafing pen, SU's Mellow Moss, Real Red and So Saffron, Versamark; accessories: SU's Real Red grosgrain ribbon

3 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Sue. Sue. Sue! I love your take on the card! Aren't these fun to create? I made one last year with snowflakes-- didn't take a picture of that one! My point is - it's a versatile card. Glad you tried it! Hope your mom likes it!!

Janine said...

This is amazing!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a GREAT card!!!! LOVE how you've stacked those layers on the acrylic -- sooooo attractive!!! GREAT papers and colors, too!!! Wonderful job for your RED HOT creation!!! So glad you could play!!! Thanks much!!!