Tuesday, July 1, 2008

it's July already!

Time speeds up exponentially as we age, I think, which explains why it's July and I'm just whipping up some cards to ring in the 4th (and I'm JUST getting these ready, you ask?! What's your point?!)

Another card made from the My Mind's Eye DCS that I picked up recently ... this one's made from Jen's recent SFYTT sketch and to wish all my Canadian friends a happy Canada Day! I used to live in the Detroit area and they have SPECTACULAR fireworks, generally fired off between Canada Day and Independence Day from barges on the river separating Detroit from Windsor. I'm a sucker for fireworks, parades, museums and zoos ... and would make the trek to an overpass along Michigan Ave. I got to see the show AND avoid all the traffic, then boogie back home within 10 minutes max! Dearborn holds some great fireworks too - 4 evenings' worth, if I'm not mistaken, from the grounds at The Henry Ford.

stamps: Technique Tuesday's Borderline: Same Time Next Year (inside sentiment); paper: A1's Natural White, CTMH's Outdoor Denim, My Mind's Eye 29th St Mkt designer print cardstocks, Rusty Pickle's Primitive Hearts DP; ink: CTMH's Outdoor Denim; accessories: My Mind's Eye 29th St Mkt's matching acrylic piece (together sentiment) ... and WHAT?! no ribbon?!

No comments: