Monday, February 2, 2009

It's Groundhog Day

... and I'm hopeful this card's going to be a thank-you note for Punxutawney Phil! According to legend, if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow this a.m. there will be six more weeks of winter weather, and if he doesn't see his shadow there will be an early spring. After Phil emerges from his burrow on February 2nd annually, he speaks to the Groundhog Club president in "Groundhogese"(a language only understood by the current president of the Inner Circle). His proclamation is then translated for the world. There's a countdown on the official site of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club.

I dunno about you - I'm going on faith and prepared this card and matching mini album in advance! It's a make-'n-take from a CAM (link at right) QuicKutz club meeting that I hadn't posted earlier. I was a slacker and got my stamps out yesterday but just drew some sketches and played on the PC.

Don't let me down, Phil!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He let us down Sue - I say we trade him in for a new version!