Saturday, August 29, 2009

stamp camp favorite

My stampin' buddies Pat, Bonnie, and I attended our monthly stamp camp last night and here's my fav of the projects we made. I'd intended to keep it by my PC as I'd just used the last sheet of the notepad that I leave there, but my eldest son laid eyes on it and immediately asked, "for me?" - and how can you resist THAT, I ask?! Sigh ... it's a beauty, and based on Angie Juda's post-it note organizer, in case you'd like to make one!

See the flower? It's one piece yellow cardstock with 4 layers of matching tissue paper, joined by a large brad. We crinkled each layer of tissue petals separately and then partially straightened them, giving the flower this amazin' dimension!

We unscrewed the ends of the pens and added DP to make a matching set, and added paper pads rather than post-its. For added dimension we also roughed up the edges of the solid card stock that we matted our flower on. Easy peasy and SO t'riffic, don't you agree?

No comments: