Friday, May 7, 2010

some heroes aren't born ...

Some heroes aren't born, they're built! But man, oh man, Robert Downey Jr was certainly born to play (to paraphrase Hollywood Life) the charming, surprisingly irreverent bad boy / genius / heir to a weapons fortune, Tony Stark. I took a vacation day today and my eldest son and I took in the opening day movie - not in IMAX but at a regular theater - and were both real happy with it. Sequels have gotta be tough on the actors. You want to keep the material fresh, but you don't have the newness of seeing the characters for the first time now. In the first movie I thought the interaction between the Tony Stark and Pepper Potts characters was a bit forced or stiff; here they're much more ... I don't know if believable would be the right term, LOL?! I liked and initially missed Terrance Howard playing the Rhodey character but Don Cheadle's great in this (methinks my fav Cheadle flick to date's been Reign Over Me ... how 'bout you?). And, it's funny; I can only imagine how rumbly noisy the IMAX version would be, 'cuz we could sure feel the sound easily in the regular version! I'd expect this to do great at the box office and think I'd give it 3.75 of 5*.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheadle's best flic: Hotel Rowanda!