Saturday, October 2, 2010

happy world card making day!


Well, I definitely made cards today! I've some that still need a few last-minute touches before I post, but following are four cards made from an alcohol inks class I took this afternoon at Karen's Creative Stamping.








This cutie silhouette flower is stamped on a sheet of transparency - no deets on the stamp, tho' it's very pretty, eh?! - and then the reverse is sponged with two colors of Ranger's alcohol inks (eggplant and pool) and then stamped with a glue pad and sprinkled on the reverse with an opalescent sparkle. It's attached by the two brads onto a white card stock mat and the ribbon tied around this matted piece before mounting it on the black card stock.


The surfer Santa card was made from adhering aluminum foil to card stock and running that thru a Big Shot, then rubbing the entire bubble front with a combo of two Ranger alcohol inks (pool and citrus ... and yeah, I can hardly make that step out either), then dripping some pool onto the front. I originally planned on adding a fish stamp popped up on the front but when I got home, this Santa stamp was calling to me. Actually it's two stamps in one - Surfin' Santa doesn't have a board, so I borrowed this one from his buddy Surfer (both Amuse Artstamps). This may actually be my first Christmas card of the year. You see, my eldest brother lives in California, so it's going to head to him and his lady.



The inchies card (well, not quite - methinks they're actually inch-and-a-half-ies) was the result of gently crumpling aluminum foil and then straightening it out and glueing it to card stock, then dropping various colors of alcohol inks, and cutting and matting those pieces after it dried. Pretty awesome stained glass effect, eh?!



And lastly, this silhouette flower card is from an embossing resist technique. We stamped and embossed the silhouette, then used alcohol inks (two colors again, tho' my head is spinning and I'm not sure here ... methinks these are purple twilight and raspberry), and then we put doubled paper over the dried card and ironed it to draw the embossing powder back off. Sweet, eh?!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

These cards are all beautiful! I especially love the stained glass look card. I have a lot of alcohol inks and rarely use them. I have to make a point of doing that soon! Let me know if they offer another AI class at Karen's. I'll try to make it with you.