Sunday, March 2, 2008

happy (belated) b'day, Jack!

I recall my Mom telling me, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions" when I was a kid ... not that I've always procrastinated, mind you! But I DO recall my younger brother commenting about Christmasses past where I'd rush to my room to wrap presents as I spotted friends pulling into the driveway.

Well, today's my older brother's b'day and this card's for him. I'd picked up some kewl wine bottle paper and these stamps before Christmas, thinking of him as he's the wine connoisseur of the family. He came into town this weekend and we got together for dinner but I didn't have the card started ... so I'll have to mail it as a belated greeting!

Two challenges were used in the making of this card - Beate's weekend sketch challenge #37, and SCS's color challenge #155 - see the gallery here.

stamps: katie & co for studio g's celebrate, SU's Polka Dot BK; paper: SU's Basic Black, River Rock, Whisper White; ink: StazOn Jet Black, Versamark; accessories: kewl swirly black unknown ribbon (that I was geeked about when I spotted it at my LSS as it coordinates with the Cuttlebug BK, don't 'cha think?!); tools: Cuttlebug w D'vine Swirl embossing plate

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! I am always late on B-day cards for family members.
Hugs and smiles

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wonderful job with the colour challenge. Very well done.

Claudia said...

I like the color combo - great for a masculine card! The paper would be perfect for my brother-in-law, too.

Janine said...

What a great card... Better late than never... Have a great day !!

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to say that 'procrastination' is my middle name. I LOVE your card for your brother. It's perfect for him. So cool to do the inside as well.