Wednesday, March 26, 2008

welcome Haley!

Haley, our next-door neighbors' eldest daughter's baby, was born this past Sunday! I made this card for her and will deliver it with the cute bonnet pictured here and a few onesies I picked up.

The onesie card is based one at Lauren M's blog - thanx, Lauren! And isn't the bonnet adorable? My boss learned from another coworker how to make this bonnet from a hankie ... who also had the cutest poem we've included inside the cards. I've made her a few cards in the past and last week she made me a bonnet.

stamps: Kolette Hall for studio g; paper: Basic Grey's two scoops; ink: Tri-C watercolor markers; tools: SU's circle and scallop punches

The poem is t'riffic - it reads:

I’m just a little hankie,
as square as square can be,
But with a stitch or two
they made a bonnet out of me,

To be worn home from the hospital
or on the christening Day,
Then carefully pressed
and neatly tucked away.

Then on the Wedding Day,
so we have all been told,
Every well-dressed bride
must have something that is old.

And what would be more fitting
than to find little old me,
A few stitches snipped
and a wedding hankie I’ll be.

And if per chance it is a boy,
and someday he will wed,
To his bride he can present the hankie
once worn on his head.

God bless you, sweet baby!

3 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I have a hat with a poem like that for each of my kids!!! Its so precious! Your onesie card came out absolutley adorable!!!! TFS!

Janine said...

This is great!! The hat is so sweet!

Misty said...

Oh my goodness that turned out so CUTE! I love these little onsie cards. This stamp looks great here.
Take care.
Misty