Saturday, July 24, 2010

there is no doubt ...

... I just love you.

I love this stamp set by Ali Edwards, and it's the one I selected to use on my anniversary card this year. The font above doesn't do it justice ... the font in the stamp set is her swoopy one and the typed-look font very grungy. Pretty cool. I cut the "me & you" from a larger die-cut tag and popped both it and the DP piece up using dimensionals on the summer sun card stock, then attached a few buttons that I'd picked up at the past Mega Meet. They really worked well with the card stock, don't you agree?! I would've liked to have threaded the buttons but the hemp that I had handy was too thick and I'm just too lazy to go dig through my stitching stash. I added a few scored lines through the DP but it's hard to make out in this picture. That's about it - my card's based on this one by Polly Maly for Scrapbook etc's Best-Ever Everyday Cards article - an easy peasy anniversary card but me likey!

Short post tonight. It's late and I've miles to go before I sleep.

stamps: Technique Tuesday's Loving Words; paper: BasicGrey's green at heart DP, SU's Summer Sun card stock; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink; accessories: Rusty Pickle's button pack, BasicGrey's die-cut shapes to match DP; tool: marvy uchida's mega heart punch

1 comment:

Misty said...

What a great card. I love the buttons!