Sunday, April 3, 2011

let's hang out!

I was out supporting the local economy this weekend and foolishly told my stampin' buddy Pat that I didn't need her extra coupons to use at Jo-Ann's ... 'cuz I was originally only heading there to check out bunny buttons. I perused the buttons (found some cute bunny and chicks and cheshire cat ones), an ensemble gift pack for something coming up shortly, and then headed to the checkout to peruse the stamping mags before checking out (FYI, at least our local Flint store has started carrying the Northridge Publishing mags). Turning the corner to the checkout line, I came across some dollar stamps, at which time I promptly placed my cart out of the way and started checking the stamps out. I limited myself to 11, but had about 20 in my grasp at one point.

Today's card uses some stamps from 3 of the 11 sets - an inside sentiment from one, outside sentiment from another, and birds and birdhouse from yet another. Stinkin' cute birdhouse though, don't you agree? They had 4 scripty sets similar to this birdhouse - the other 3 included a bird, a butterfly, and a camera - that I couldn't pass up. So here's another one-layer CAS card to welcome in spring!

stamps: Hero Arts' Whoo Loves You, Inkadinkado's spring and summer assortment minis, My Mind's Eye's Union Square "Perfect" Stamps; paper: Staples' white card stock; ink: Color Box's lavender, rose coral, smoke blue, and yellow ochre, and SU's brocade blue

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love the CAS style of this! Great job. Thank you so much for you sweet comments on my project for PC's 350 Card and Gift blog hop! Next time I'm in town, perhaps I'll bring you some cookies...;)