Monday, November 26, 2007

happy birthday, pat!

My buddy Pat's birthday was this past Saturday, but we celebrated at work today. Yummy donuts from Donna's Donuts in Swartz Creek and a mixture of girl and boy brownies someone made. Anywho, I made this card to buck around our work group and have fought the temptation to add it to my blog 'til after we'd celebrated so she didn't see it here if she visited.

I picked this format 'cuz I liked the flower and colors for a fall birthday and this layout for Beate's WSC27 challenge! I used a sentiment from SU's Small Sayings for the inside sentiment - the "Happy Today, Happy Tomorrow, Happy Everything" and corresponding flower stamps.

I used the Cuttlebug to emboss the berry cardstock which ended up being too large to fit into the folder. I ended up embossing most of it in one pass, then turned the cardstock around and embossed about 1-1/2 inches on a 2nd pass, putting the card and folder thru the machine sideways to let the first already embossed part pass thru outside of the folder ... boy! that's harder to write than explain in person!

stamps: SU's Small Sayings, Gina K Designs' For You; paper: Paper Co berry, unknown dark and med browns; ink: StazOn Jet Black, watercolor markers; accessories: Hedgehog Ink's eyelets, Prima Carnival Flowers Autumn LVS, ; tools: Cuttlebug w Happy Birthday embossing folder; technique: dry embossing

No comments: