Tuesday, December 2, 2008

welcome to the family

I made this card for a gal at work to give to her future daughter-in-law to welcome her into their family. It's an acrylic card similar to the one here and uses the poem below as the inside sentiment. I used PhotoShop to crop and remove the background from the quails used on the front of the original card, and the leaves background from another portion of their card to use on "our" version - so it's 4 layers: front is matted quails, inside front is custom DP, inside sentiment is printed on vellum cardstock, and back is green cardstock. I scanned the card at work as I forgot to take a picture before bringing it in to Jeanette. I LIKE creating custom DP - cool beans, eh?!
Jeanette made a mini bridal dress from a special hankie and is giving that to Alison with this card. Do you recall earlier hankie poems for baby cards I've made (one example's here)? Same gal - this is one crafty mama! - provided that poem and taught my boss Susan how to make the baby bonnets from hankies (Susan made that example one for me this past summer). Today we discussed ideas for a wedding card using the quails in the trees as a watermark ... but I've gotta pick up more supplies AND find some nice wedding card sentiments! It may be this weekend's project ... so more to follow ...

My New Daughter

As your wedding day approaches
these thoughts have come to mind,
my son has found the sweetest bride
that he could ever find.

I'm so glad that he has found you,
for you fit just like a key
into our special locket
that we call family.

Hold this hanky as a keepsake
that's from my heart to yours,
and with it are my blessings
as you open your life's doors.

Years from now in times to come
you'll pass this hanky on...
to a loved and cherished daughter
or the bride of your grown son...

Now you join our family,
and I joyfully extend
my open arms of friendship
to my new daughter and my friend.

Welcome to our family; we love you!

stamps: n/a; paper: custom DP, recycled acrylic report cover, ColorMates Light Spring Green, SU Whisper White cardstocks; ink: PC-generated; accessories: eyelets from a past share

1 comment:

Maggie Lamarre said...

Thank you so much for spreading the word about http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.com.
Thank you so much for making us a success :)
Have a great week,
Maggie