Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blessed

If you're looking for the OWH bunny hop, please scoll down a post!

Otherwise, here's what probably will turn out to be an Easter card ... I'm not 100% sure yet, so left the inside blank for the time being. While checking the bunny hop posts this morning, I noticed that Christine of Christine's Crafting Capers posted three color challenges, so I'm posting this in response to challenge #2 - to use cream, red, lime green (I don't have any so substituted Old Olive), and brown. Kiwi Kiss may have been closer to lime green but I couldn't find my marker ... sigh ... Oh, I roughed up the edges of and popped up the cream panel.

Have you tried SU's seam binding ribbon yet?! It's soft and silky, and I was lucky enough to get into a ribbon share recently so I scored some in each of the colors listed on p16 of the latest Occasions Mini Catalog (Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, and Rose Red - thanx, Carol!). I'm lovin' the Cherry Cobbler color but had been putting off purchasing supplies in it 'til the Sale-A-Bration and now have to hurry before it's passed me by (I'll be calling, Angie!)! Anywho, it's very close to CTMH's Cranberry, which I used for the red parts of the flowers. So tell me, should I add more flowers or leave well enough alone?!

stamps: Hero Arts' Wreath of Leaves, Just Johanna's unnamed open flower, Studio G's Series 46 sentiment and silhouette mini flower; paper: A1's Neenah Natural White and SU's Crumb Cake card stocks; ink: CTMH's Cranberry, SU's Crumb Cake and Old Olive; accessories: SU's Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon; tools: Tim Holtz distresser

2 comments:

Kimmi said...

beeee uuuuuuuuuuu tiful!

Christine said...

stunning card - i am loving that stamp and my have to put that on my "wish list"
thanks for being the first to enter my challenge - good luck