Sunday, March 27, 2011

out of this world

Today's card is a hybrid of sorts, based on PCP's sk032611 sketch challenge, pictured below. I went to town yesterday and used my gift card (thanx, Pat!) to purchase white flocking, Bo-Bunny and Reminisce card stocks, and Bo-Bunny chipboard and petals elements. Pat and I have been meeting beforehand for eats, then heading to a noon make-'n-take at CAM. Afterward I've been heading to the local mall (aka "The Valley") to walk a few laps, as I've recently signed on to the Walking Spree program. I avoided other shopping trips, tho' I've been meaning to stop by JoAnn's to see whether they have any cute bunny buttons that I could use on Easter cards ... must make a note to do that soon! We celebrated 3 birthdays this weekend with my extended family today, so my mind was set on getting the house picked up and making a card for my eldest.


Anyway, the Bo-Bunny card stock was all heavyweight, and one piece was printed tags on one side and sectioned into quarters of larger pictures on the reverse ... which perhaps you could use for 6x6" album pages ... and well, hoarder that I am, I decided I couldn't bear to cut into it. Besides, this particular tag that I used for the sentiment included a smaller monkey on its left, and I ended up using PhotoShop to erase it so that it wouldn't show if I used the larger chipboard monkey on the card. That, and I used a color picker to obtain the font color and added some personalization to the card. OK, so in a different font ... but remember, I still had to clean house!

Two things I must share that I think are strange: 1) that Bo-Bunny and Reminisce DP was used in the making of this card ... I mean, look at how similar they are?!; and 2) check out the background and the "constellations" ... well, see how the monkey constellation's face and arm appear to continue into the light blue of the border on the vertical DP strip?!

stamps: n/a; paper: Bo-Bunny Blast Off and Reminisce Space Monkeys DP; ink: PC-generated; accessories: Bo-Bunny's Blast Off layered chipboard stickers; tools: Crop-a-dile's corner chomper

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the years have passed, I realize that when/if I start stamping again, I'll be using stamps that are SO out of date...on the other hand, they'll look "new" to ME.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Awesome card Sue. It's the perfect card for any "little man". Thanks for playing along with the PCP Sketch Challenge this week!

Kimmi said...

This card is "out of this world" amazing. Love it. Any chance for a show -n- tell?