Sunday, March 20, 2011

welcome spring!

It's Sunday, and I'd put off making my cabbage roll recipe 'til today as it takes a whopping 2 hrs to cook, and I've another 45 minutes to kill still ... enough time to upload today's card and maybe head outside for a quick walk! I'll keep this quick ... it's a balmy 42 degrees Fahrenheit now and already after 6 p.m.

Today's card is to mark the start of spring ... and is inspired by some flowering crab apple trees outside my window - both at home and work - and Tiffany of I Heart Art's Sketchy Sunday TC012 sketch challenge I spotted while blog trolling this morning. I inked up the trees and added some blossoms , sponged on some blue sky and clouds in the background, then found this cute pink, brown, and white unnamed ribbon from among my ribbon stash. The sentiment's PC-generated using pink and brown ink. Voila! A CAS card to welcome spring!

stamps: All Night Media's bare trees, Just Johanna's blossom; paper: Staples' white card stock; ink: SU's Bliss Blue and Soft Suede, Color Box's Dusty Plum; accessories: unknown ribbon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I was waiting to hear about your cabbage roll recipe. I hope you take pictures!

Tiff said...

WOW! Your card is GORGEOUS! Love love love everything about it! Thank you so much for playing! So glad you happened upon my blog :)

Claudia said...

Very pretty card, Sue!