Tuesday, March 22, 2011

stamp camp fav

Yesterday evening I attended a monthly stamp camp but on an alternate date from that originally scheduled with friends. Usually at least 3 of us get together for eats after work and head to a 2nd Thursday girls night out to stamp 5 cards with the lovely and talented Angie Jarman. Well, this month that date ended up conflicting with a family celebration at the Blondin homestead, so I opted to switch. But oh my, I'd been looking forward to my original 2nd Thursday outing ... this HURT to wait so long for camp! I was apparently having stamp camp withdrawals!

I've two favs from last night's cards, and had to employ my DH as a tie-breaker to select the one to post. Well, here it is ... tho' he didn't quite understand what's up with using paper clips attaching ribbon to cards, Angie!

limited deets today ... I know we used old olive and razzleberry and methinks sahara sand. we used a technique I'd seen on blogs but not used 'til last night, where you ink up an acrylic block and used that to stamp the background block under the main flower image. and we used a couple new stamp sets from the sale-a-bration catty that I hope make it into the next full catty! it was HARD to pick just one stamp set from this offering, and I waffled between the punch bunch and the digital content CD ... STILL wondering whether I should call Angie and tell her I've switched my decision to my other choice ... so many stamps, so little time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because you know how you made the card, you won't be able to see it the way I did. But when I saw it, I thought "she used acetate!"

The design, then the circle with the butterfly, made it look like there were shadows falling behind "acetate". I enlarged it to figure it out. Lovely.

Claudia said...

My favorite was the one with the three flowers with rhinestones in the middle. I also loved the polka-dotted card. As far as changing your mind - it's too late because Angie already sent in her order - I considered a change too!