Saturday, March 12, 2011

an Irish blessing

I'm making a few quick St Pat's cards to mail out tomorrow and here's a one-layer card using lime green and gray for Susan R's OLW44 challenge. You're to make a one-layer card inspired by inspiration boards posted at Pinterest, a website for "pinning" photos of really cool stuff on your very own virtual inspiration board. Mine are based on a picture of a child's bedroom decorated mainly in greens with a touch of light blue-ish gray (here). I watercolored using a very light touch to keep it all very muted

This was my very first stamp set purchased from Claire of waltzing mouse stamps and she's got plenty more where this one came from that I'd love to pick up! I mixed and matched 'cuz the inside sentiment's from Our Daily Bread and Stampin' Up!

edited to add: sigh ... watercoloring on inexpensive card stock didn't pan out ... I redid the card on better card stock weight so uploaded a revised card

stamps: ODB's Blessings, SU's Go Green, and waltzing mouse stamps' Irish Blessings; paper: The Paper Co's cards; ink: asst'd Color Box chalk inks

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love a scenery stamp...and you've colored it beautifully!

kingstonmama said...

This is a very pretty card. Lovely soft coloring.